Before You Arrive
The corona-virus is an infectious disease. This means that it is very easily spread from an infected person to others through:
⋅ The air by coughing and sneezing;
⋅ Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands;
⋅ Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands.
If you have any of the below symptoms 14 days prior to travel please seek medical advice.
• Dry cough;
• Sore throat;
• Fever of 37.3°C (degree Celsius) and above;
• Shortness of breath.
Vanuatu is COVID-19 Free. In order to help safeguard the well-being of our citizens, our guests and team members, we ask guests to self-identify if they belong to a risk group for COVID-19. If the answer is ‘yes’, we ask that they postpone their travels until the risk period has passed.
If you have just been tested and are self-isolating when you are due to arrive, or if you have tested COVID positive within 14 days of arrival, please don’t travel to The Havannah Vanuatu (change fees will not apply when a medical certificate is provided).
If after arrival you begin displaying cold and flu symptoms you will be asked to self-isolate and to get checked by our medical team in Vanuatu.
In the unlikely event of you testing positive for COVID-19 whilst you are staying with us at The Havannah Vanuatu, you will be required to quarantine at a designated quarantine facility as directed by the Vanuatu Health authorities, elsewhere on the island and at your own expense.
We will send guests, prior to arrival, the information on arrival process, check-in, hotel services & amenities, and more. Guests who have booked via a travel agent or online travel company are requested to contact the resort directly to ensure we have correct email details for these communications.
We suggest purchasing travel insurance before you travel anywhere, just in case you have to change or cancel plans.
The Havannah Vanuatu has a mandatory transfer policy: the resort will collect and transfer all guests from airport or another point in Port Vila. Our drivers will be wearing a mask and gloves and will be provided with hand sanitizer for use by each guest. Vehicles will also be re-sanitized after every trip.
Whilst offering a COVID-friendly, warm Havannah Welkam, during check in guests will be briefed on all COVID related protocols to which the Resort is adhering. This will include, but may not be limited to hand- sanitising, physical distancing, housekeeping, restaurant, use of all resort facilities including day spa etc.
Cashless payment is required
• There are hand-sanitiser stations resort-wide indoors and outdoors;
• Masks and gloves are available upon request at front desks and boutique;
• Compendium, stationery and magazines have been removed from rooms and communal guest areas, replaced with online or paper information packs.
• Safe-distance table set-ups in the restaurant, the lounge and bar areas;
• Social distancing of 1.5 meters as much as practically possible at all times.
The Point Restaurant and Bar
• Bottles and bar equipment will be sanitized daily;
• Bar stools and counter tops will be sanitized regularly;
• All bar glassware will be washed in dishwashers only;
• Floors will be disinfected throughout the day;
• Servers will wash hands after picking up glasses, etc;
• Sanitizer stations will be available for guest use;
• Menus will be cleaned and sanitized after each guest/table use;
• Tables, chairs and service stations will be sanitized after every use.
The Havannah Vanuatu will still offer private dining venues which allow guests to dine in privacy, and with space. The Point Restaurant is open-sided allowing the Havannah Harbour breezes flow throughout the dining area.
• All food preparation and storage surfaces are sanitized regularly throughout the day;
• All serving line plates, cups, cutlery, napkins and trays will be removed when not in use;
• Dish wash machines will be set to wash at 65-70C (150-160F) and rinse at 85C (180F).
Increased Cleaning and Sanitisation throughout public areas
We conduct frequent, regular cleaning of public and high traffic areas with special attention paid to high touch surfaces.
Housekeeping and Laundry
At The Havannah Vanuatu we have always maintained a high level of cleanliness via our strict housekeeping protocols. We will continue our efforts in this area to ensure clean, healthy and sanitised accommodation for our guests.
• All mattresses and pillows have protectors that will be disinfected between each guest;
• After every room is thoroughly cleaned, the door will be locked and handle sanitised;
• The use of hospital-grade (commercial grade) disinfectants will continue;
• Each villa is equipped with an individual air conditioning unit that will be sanitised between each guest;
• Housekeeping team will be equipped with disposable gloves and reusable masks;
• All housekeeping equipment will be maintained with Standard Operating Procedures to clean and sanitize (mops, mop buckets, dust bins, carts) with the recommended cleaning chemical and sanitizing agent.
Activities and Water-sports
• Masks and snorkels are placed in sanitization solution and liquid detergent;
• All boats, SUP’s etc will be sanitized before and between trips;
• A limit of 4/6 persons per sunset cruise trip/ boat trip to any picnic beach or tour.
• Daily water quality tests are conducted in all pools;
• Pool decks will be sanitized daily;
• Pool chlorine readings will be taken daily.
The Havannah Day Spa
• All team members and therapists will wear masks during the treatment and will sanitize their hands prior to and during treatments;
• Treatment rooms massage tables, headrests and other wellness apparatuses will be thoroughly sanitized after use between clients;
• Hand sanitation stations will be available at the entrance to the spa.
Guests displaying cold and flu symptoms will be asked to self-isolate and to get checked by a Vanuatu medical team in Port Vila.
We have specially trained cleaning staff available for post exposure cleaning if necessary
All procedures will be reviewed and re-evaluated regularly to ensure relevance and maximum efficacy, and are subject to change.